If I had the time, I would love to collect some of the parodies and other humorous tidbits that I have posted to the Tolkien newsgroups. I have a fair number of the files already and I can remember quite a few more; it's just a matter of finding time to assemble them all in one place. As it is, I've only collected a few early posts at this point. My work on the newsgroups' E-text project is probably my most serious effort at Tolkien humor.
- 26 Jan 1999: Curvature of Ea: An explanation of the connection between the history of Middle-earth and Einstein's theory of General Relativity.
- 16 July 1999: Re: [I] Proposed classification system for AFT posts, in which I object to a proposal for greater bureaucracy on the groups by extending it.
- 27 Sep 1999: The Great Debate: Balrog Slippers (was Re: Balrog Wings: Settled at Last!): O. Sharp had the nerve to suggest that the texts did not conclusively show that the Balrog wore bedroom slippers (as seen in Bakashi's movie). I had to set him straight. And then, of course, he had the nerve to argue with me!
- 2 Nov 1999: The Power of Arwen (was Re: Why Frodo had to go): a hypothetical excerpt from the script of the upcoming LotR movies, giving Arwen a slightly larger role.
- 14 Nov 1999: Re: Bombadil and Treebeard: A parody of the hobbits' talk with Bombadil and of our debates about Bombadil's origins, all in one handy package!